Looking for ways to jailbreak your iPhone running on iOS 15? The good news now is that you can now jailbreak your iPhone or iPad using checkm8. You can use this to Jailbreak your iPhone 4 to iPhone 13 running on iOS 14 and iOS 15.
Warning: You might run into some stability issues and bugs after jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad using the checkra1n jailbreak tool.
Checkra1n Jailbreak for iOS 15: Pre-requirement
- To use this checkra1n jailbreak tool, you need access to a PC and for now, it’s only available for macOS.
- The window and Linus version is still under development and will be released soon.
- Checkra1n supports the Cydia package manager for now. Other packages support will be available soon.
Checkra1n Compatible Devices For Jailbreak
Although this jailbreak tool supports iOS 12.3 – iOS 13.2.2, it only works on some selected devices below.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad Air
The checkra1n tool is still based on checkm8 exploit, so it won’t support the iPhone’s launch before the iPhone X such as.
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
How to Jailbreak iOS 15 on iPhone and iPad Using Checkra1n
First of all, download the checkra1n app for macOS here
Step 1: You can now install it by opening the DMG and dragging the app to the Applications folder.
Step 2: Next, right-click on the checkra1n app in your Applications folder and select Open. You should not open it by double click directly. Click to Open from the security dialog that pops up.
Step 3: You can now proceed to connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable. A pop-up might come up on your device to trust the computer. Tap on the Trust button and enter the passcode of your device.
Step 4: Your device should automatically be detected and shown in the checkra1n app. If your device is not supported, it will display a sorry message and the Start button will be greyed out. If supported, you can proceed with the jailbreak by clicking on the Start button.
Step 5: You will also have to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode to continue. To do this follow the instructions below.
- Turn off your iPhone or iPad while connected to the device.
- Press and hold the Side and Volume down button together for 10 seconds. Make sure the Apple logo did not appear, if you see the Apple logo, restart the whole process.
- Release the side button and keep the Volume down button pressed for another 5 seconds. At this stage, the Connect to iTunes logo should not come up, if it does, it means you held the button for too long.
- Now your iPhone or iPad should show a black screen while it is in DFU mode. This way, the checkra1n app will automatically detect your device.
For iPhone X, iPhone 8
If you are using iPhone X or iPhone 8, the process of entering DFU mode is slightly different.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac, next press the Volume down button
- Press and hold the Side button until your iPhone displays a black screen
- Keep holding the Side button and press the Volume down button for 5 seconds
- Release the side button after 5 seconds but keep the Volume down button pressed for another 5 seconds.
- If your iPhone displays a Black screen, it means it has successfully entered DFU mode.
Step 6: Once your iPhone or iPad is in DFU mode, it will automatically start the jailbreaking process. Once done, you’ll see the checkra1n loader app on your iPhone/iPad’s home screen.
Step 7: You can now open the app and tap on Cydia to install the package manager. After the insulation, you are done with the jailbreaking.
You can use Cydia to install various jailbreak tweaks on your jailbroken iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.
That’s all to know for now. Use the comments box to let us know if you jailbreak your iPhone successfully.