Speech-to-text transcription means converting audio to text using automated tools. It is considerably faster and cheaper than help from professional transcribers. Modern voice-to-text software uses advanced algorithms to offer maximum accuracy. We have made a list of speech-to-text services that are definitely worth your attention.
GoTranscript offers a full range of human-based language services (transcription, translation, subtitling, and captioning) for 60+ languages with an accuracy of 99% and affordable pricing. It’s been around since 2005, and today it has a global team of 20,000 language experts ready to convert your content into text, including:
Medical files (reports, consultations, records)
Legal documents (hearings, proceedings, arbitration, interrogations)
Academic materials (lectures, lessons, interviews)
Enterprise recordings (focus groups, market research, corporate meetings)
Entertainment industry content (film, TV, documentaries, news) and more!
GoTranscript is really easy to use, offering a streamlined ordering process, affordable pricing, and customization options you can only get with human transcribers (custom formatting, punctuation rules, timestamping, and more).
After you make an order, your audio or video content is split into smaller chunks and assigned to transcribers. After all of these chunks are transcribed, a merger puts them together and fixes all existing inconsistencies. Finally, the text goes through a final proofreading pass to ensure the highest accuracy possible. This way, GoTranscript ensures all projects are finished on time without compromising quality.
The platform offers an Android and iOS app you can use as a digital recorder and upload your audio directly to GoTranscript, make an order, and track all your previous orders!
Transcriberry is one of the leading automated transcription services on the market. The biggest benefit of this professional transcribing software is that they use advanced speech and voice recognition technology that allows maximum accuracy.
Business and financial transcription is one of their key services. They guarantee 99% accuracy even if they deal with complex and challenging transcription tasks. Here are the industries Transcriberry mostly focuses on:
All the staff members sign an NDA if the client needs it to start working. The client knows the transcription cost while making an order and it stays the same. The support team is available 24/7 to answer any questions. Apart from automated transcription, they also offer help from professional transcriptionists, human-written subtitles, captions, and translation services.
Ordering the speech-to-text transcription takes only three simple steps.
- Step 1. Upload or send a link to the audio or video file. The advanced transcription system allows receiving a result within a few minutes.
- Step 2. Despite all the advantages of speech recognition technologies, it’s hard to acheive 100% accurate results. After transcribing a video or audio, we offer our clients to edit and review the video on their own.
- Step 3. You can download the document in a format that allows editing. Get it directly on your device.
Gglot.com is an advanced transcription software developed to assist you in reducing the amount of time you spend transcribing audio and video files. It enables you to do online audio-to-text transcription in any language for academic research, interviews, video creation, and content marketing.
GGLOT’s AI-powered audio-to-text transcription feature converts any audio file you have to text for documentation purposes. The platform translates audio to text in over 50 languages for one affordable charge, including Korean, English, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, and Japanese. It accepts a wide range of audio and video files, including .avi, .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .wma, .m4a, .wav.mp4, and .aac. With timecodes and many speakers, you can go over your transcript again.
You can save and export your transcript in a variety of formats, including PDF, MS Word, VTT, SRT, and more. With GGLOT, all of your foreign subtitles, captions, and transcriptions get stored in the same cloud location. Gglot makes it simple to extract important information from audio and video files, regardless of dialect, background noise, volume, or pace.
- 100+ languages are supported and growing
- Multiple speaker recognition
- Online text editor to make transcript changes
- Export to TXT, PDF, DOCS, XLSX, VVT, SBV, and SRT formats
- Visual Editor
- Low prices
This is a service that offers high-quality transcription using speech-to-text technology. Rev.com helps you convert your media into a text that you can revise, save and download files in various formats. This system works based on built-in AI technologies to provide error detection for achieving maximum accuracy.
How Rev.com works:
- You upload your media or you can add a URL.
- You will get your transcripts in a few minutes as a document you can edit. Users can also view the final document using editing tools.
Their speech recognition technology can even deal with materials with background noise, many speakers, and various accents. Yet, the service works only with materials in the English language. You can also integrate Rev.com API into different video platforms.
It is perfect to use automated transcription services if you are in a time crunch and want to get the transcription within five minutes. The transcription service works absolutely automated using speech recognition technology without any human intervention.
Apart from transcription service, here are extra features Rev.com offers:
- Creating captions and subtitles.
- The opportunity to create subtitles to your video files in more than eight languages.
- Creating captions to Zoom calls and meetings.
- Free audio trimming and cutting.
- Clear pricing system.
- Round-the-clock support.
- Free recording iPhone calls.
Trint is an ideal option if you don’t want to install automated transcription software on your Mac or Windows device. This service works in a web browser so that you get all the transcriptions conveniently.
It’s a multipurpose platform for audio editing and automated transcription. Trint offers a quick turnaround time, enhanced security terms, and minimum errors.
Trint uses advanced ML-based algorithms for working with audio and video files. It supports different languages and which is also important, works with various dialects in the English language.
Apart from turning audios to text within a couple of minutes, Trint allows users to create captions and edit video files.
Here are the best features offered by Trint:
- Speech-to-text converting in a couple of minutes
- AI-powered transcription with maximum accuracy
- Simple tools to distribute the ready transcripts
- Accessible iPhone app
Otter is a service that allows recording audio in real-time and transcribing it right away. It can work on iOS and Android, which makes Otter accessible on any mobile device.
The tool offers various options to edit and proofread transcripts and share them. Otter even has special features that allow identifying speakers. Yet, the free Otter version allows transcribing of only 600 minutes. If you want to transcribe more, you have to pay.
Here are the offerings for premium users:
- Pro Plan available at $8.33 per month provides advanced importing and exporting, custom-made vocabulary, monthly transcription up to 6000 minutes.
- Business Plan at $20 per month for each user offers live Zoom notes and captions. Each user can transcribe up to 6000 minutes.
Users can pay for an annual plan or for a month. Paying for a year allows you to save up to 36%.
Otter premium version lets you work with audio and video files recorded before. Otter uses a special technology called Ambient Voice Intelligence.
Easy collaboration is the most crucial feature of Otter. In addition to AI-based voice recognition, Otter can integrate with video conferencing tools such as Google Meet or Zoom to make instant transcribing.
Here are the most significant features Otter offers:
- Real-time recording and transcribing audios
- Transcripts you can search
- AI-powered transcript adaptivity
- Suitable for business and individual needs
- Dictation functionality for academic usage
Descript is an innovative transcription tool that offers incredible accurate results. Their tool is enhanced by AI, ML, and professional editors. The technology allows labeling the speakers and offers the final transcripts in different formats. Descript algorithms also remove filler words, indistinct sounds, and background noise. This is a cloud platform that ensures users 100% confidentiality and privacy.
Dragon is a transcription service that has been in the market for decades. It is a good-to-use tool, but it is not as multipurpose as the services we described above.
Dragon offers a vast range of services that meet the needs of different users and industry verticals. For Windows devices, you can install Dragon Home after a one-time purchase. Dragon Anywhere is a mobile app available on both iOS and Android. However, Dragon is not available on Mac devices.
Dragon applies innovative technologies to recognize the voices of speakers. The speed of transcription is also impressive – 60-180 words per minute depending on the quality of the source material. A PC version costs $200. For mobile devices, the monthly fee is $15 and users can use an app for one week for free.
Temi is a service that works with any type of audio or video file. This service is perfect for converting different materials to text, including but not limited to:
- online classes
Industries that use speech to text transcription
Using transcription software pertains to different industries. Here are the most common industries:
- Sales: Using AI-based transcription services in the sales sector helps optimize time, make the sales process more effective, and boost conversions. Users can transcribe sales calls to train new employees and receive customer feedback. You can also use it to onboard and educate new sales specialists for better interactions with customers, too.
- Legal: Recording a conversation between two or more parties is significant in legal proceedings. Transcription offers actual proof of what happened with great clarity.
- Education: For students, AI-based transcription is a great time-saver. It helps them concentrate on the lecture instead of making notes manually. Another benefit is that students can review the class notes, as they are more structured.
- Podcasts: If you plan to start creating podcasts consider transcription as an instrument to attract your audience. When you add the text version to your website to get discovered and enhance SEO.