UAE family Visa renewal in Dubai and the fees:
The UAE Government through its General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) gives it’s residents a period of 30 days to stay in the UAE after the expiration of their visas. Without the renewal of their residence visa at the end of that period, individuals will start incurring fines.
As per the UAE immigration’s fines system, the penalty to keep staying after the expiration of your residence visa is:
- Fee: AED 25 per day during the first 6 months
- Fee: AED 50 per day during the second 6 months
- Fee: AED 100 per day after passing a year and more.
Thus it is very important for your sponsor to renew your residence visa and you as a sponsor of your spouse and children to renew theirs before it expires. Renewing your family visa will let you and your family continue living legally in the UAE without incurring fines or facing any penalties.
Note, when your family visa expires, your family’s Emirates ID card issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) also expires.
Note also that the time limit for renewal of expired family visas is 30 days from the date of expiry and if there is a need to renew it a few months earlier for certain reasons, one must first take permission from the relevant General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner’s Affairs in the emirate that issued one’s visa.
Below are the requirements for renewal of family visa in UAE
- Before going to the requirements, let’s review some of the guidelines you must abide with before Renewing your family visa
- Applicants must be immediate family members(wife, husband or children)
- Daughters under 18yrs old must be single
- Sons must be below 18yrs old or studying full-time
- If above 15yrs old, applicants must have completed and passed their medical tests.
Since as an employee, your company will renew your visa since they are your sponsor but you have to renew your spouse and children visa BC you re their sponsors.
These are the basic requirements:
- Fill the application form of sponsor and sponsored
- Original and photocopy of the sponsored person passport
- Original entry permit of the sponsored persons
- Photocopy of sponsors passport
- Three passport-sized photographs of the sponsored persons
- Tenancy contract of the sponsor
- Copy of sponsors employment contract and salary certificate
- Medical test certificate for sponsored persons above 15yrs
- Original and photocopy of the receipt of AED5000 financial security for sponsoring son above 18yrs old
- Fill up the visa renewal application form at a typing center
- Submit all documents to the nearest branch of GDRFA office
- Pay AED200 for 2yrs residency visa
- Wait for one working day on the instructions on how to claim the renewed visa.
Yeah, here you have it. The UAE family visa renewal and their fees. Use the comment box if you have any other questions.