IMVU is a virtual world and social networking site where users can create 3D avatars, connect with other users, and chat in 3D with people all over the world.
It is the world’s largest avatar-based social network, with users interacting with one another, customizing their avatars, chatting with friends, shopping, attending cool parties, sharing their experiences, and earning real money by creating virtual products.
According to VentureBeat, IMVU competes with Second Life, Habbo, and Nurien. When you want to leave its 40 million registered users behind to play on a competing site, or if your priorities change, deleting an IMVU account is a quick and painless process. You won’t be able to recover your account once you delete it, so delete the account associated with an avatar you want to abandon forever.
However, you are free to keep your account even if you are not using it because you will not be charged. This way, you’ll be able to access your account whenever you want in the future. But, if you want to, you can delete your IMVU account in a variety of ways.
You can do so by visiting the official website or downloading the mobile app (Android and iOS). To delete your IMVU account, follow the steps outlined below. It’s also available on all major platforms, including Android, iOS, and the web.
- 1 How do I delete my IMVU account?
- 2 What happens if your IMVU account is deleted?
- 3 How do I disable/deactivate my IMVU account?
- 4 How do I get my IMVU account back?
- 5 What are some alternatives to IMVU?
- 6 Why should parents be concerned about IMVU ?
- 7 QUESTIONS THAT ARE REGULARLY ASKED ABOUT IMVU
- 8 The Access Pass entails the following:
- 9 I purchased an Access Pass, but my name still has Guest_ in front of it. Is this a glitch?
- 10 I purchased the Access Pass but did not receive any credits. What’s going on?
- 11 What exactly do you get if it doesn’t come with your name or credits?
How do I delete my IMVU account?
Users of both the app and the website can delete their accounts in the same way. To delete your account from your phone or computer, follow the steps below.
- Go to IMVU’s account closure page. If you aren’t already logged in, please do so. Use this Url to log in: https://secure.imvu.com/welcome/login/
- On the Delete Account page, enter your password and click Continue.
The deletion of your IMVU account has now been completed. You’ll receive an email confirmation that your account has been terminated.
What happens if your IMVU account is deleted?
When you choose to delete your IMVU account, you will receive an email notification to your associated email address, asking you to affirm the deletion. And once you affirm the deletion of your account, all of your data, including all interactions, will be completely erased from the platform. However, if you do not confirm your account deletion via email, your profile will be disabled.
How do I disable/deactivate my IMVU account?
Imvu.com does not enable temporarily deactivating or deactivating an IMVU account or profile. Instead, you must delete your account, which you can do immediately by clicking the link provided in that email. To reactivate your account, you can also contact customer support or submit a support ticket.
How do I get my IMVU account back?
You can choose to bring back your profile if you accidentally removed it or changed your opinion about deleting it. You will receive an email to the associated email address you used to sign up in the first place when you delete your account.
However, make sure you’ve verified your email address first, or you won’t be able to reactivate your account. To reactivate your IMVU account, follow these steps:
- In your inbox, look for an email that says “IMVU Alert: Your account has been deleted.”
- To reactivate your account, click the link in the email.
- To restore your deleted account, click the reactivation link and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you don’t see an e – mail from IMVU in your inbox, make sure to look in your Junk mail folders. If it doesn’t appear there, you can notify IMVU via a ticket (use this method if you don’t have another account to use) or Live Chat, and the Support Team will walk you through the procedure.
What are some alternatives to IMVU?
If you no longer wish to use IMVU, there are some other interactive virtual world platforms to explore. Examine these platforms to see if they appeal to you or if you believe they are superior to IMVU. I hope you can find what you’re looking for here:
Touch, Second Life, WoozWorld, Twinity, Club Cooee, Avakin Life, Smeet, The Sims, Habbo, OurWorld, Second Life, Lady Popular, Entropia Universe, Touch, Second Life, WoozWorld, Twinity, Club Cooee, Avakin Life, Smeet, The Sims
Why should parents be concerned about IMVU ?
- This app isn’t suitable for students.
- Even though the app specifically asserts that it is not intended for children under the age of 17, teens do use it.
- All profiles are open to the public.
- Predators can use this app to get victims to share their phone numbers, send photos, and video chat with them.
- Others who do not spend real money on bettering their avatar’s clothing or furnishing it with new furniture are bullied by some app users. The content of the app can be customized.
- The app’s content can be explicit and inappropriate for students.
- There are no moderators in the chat rooms.
- Users can dress their avatars in inappropriate and suggestive clothing.
- IMVU encourages users to engage in random conversations with strangers.
- Avatars can imitate explicit situations.
QUESTIONS THAT ARE REGULARLY ASKED ABOUT IMVU
The Access Pass entails the following:
The Access Pass is only available to those who are 18 years old or older. It unlocks risqué clothing as well as slightly more intimate furniture and poses. It also gives you the option of restricting your chatting to only adults.
I purchased an Access Pass, but my name still has Guest_ in front of it. Is this a glitch?
When you buy an Access Pass as a Guest_ user, you become… a Guest_ user with an AP. The Access Pass purchase does not include your name.
I purchased the Access Pass but did not receive any credits. What’s going on?
The Access Pass does not include credits unless you purchased it as part of one of the periodic bundle sales (AP + credits). It also doesn’t come with any virtual goods from the IMVU store. The Pass is the only thing you get.
What exactly do you get if it doesn’t come with your name or credits?
To begin with, the Access Pass grants you access.
- Access to the IMVU virtual goods catalog’s AP only section
- Access to AP only bundles
- Access to AP only groups and public rooms
- Access to the chat client’s AP only animations
- Access to the Access Pass Catalog and Product Request forum, as well as the AP Owners Only forum.