OEC(Overseas Employment Certificate) is a certificate issued to Filipinos working overseas including Dubai who wishes to return to their work overseas after visiting their home country Philippine.
This certificate not only ensures that all overseas Filipino workers are documented and protected, but also exempts the holder from paying travel tax or the airport terminal fee.
This certificate must be presented at the international port of exit in the Philippines on one’s way back to Dubai. It can be easily gotten in Dubai before returning to the Philippines by presenting some forms and documents at the Consulate Embassy through the Philippine consulate or Philippine overseas labor office.
Below are the requirements, fees, and procedure for getting an OEC in Dubai
Note before applying for your OEC, make sure that your membership status with Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is active. If not first update your membership status.
- Flight ticket
- Two copies of Original passport
- Additional requirements for Balik-Manggagawa, household service workers, and housemaids
- Two photocopies of the sponsor’s passport
- Original and two photocopies of immigration contract
- Original and two photocopies of residence visa
- Sponsor’s information sheet
- Copy of Sponsor’s residence Visa
- Sponsor’s affidavit of undertaking
- OEC–AED 10
- OWWA membership–AED 92
The process to apply for OEC in Dubai
- Secure an online appointment through POLO website or via the Balik-Manggagawa Online Processing System by creating and logging in to your account.
- Fill the BM Online Appointment form and print 3 copies
- On the appointment date, visit the POLO Dubai submitting your appointment form along with other requirements
- Pay the important fees and wait for your OEC
This is the information you need to apply for OEC in Dubai. As you can see, the fee is not that much and the processes are not that stressful either. If you have any problem, please use the comment box and we will try to help out.