One of the best and most exciting features from Apple during the announcement of the iOS 13 and iPadOS at WWDC ’19 was in regard to games. Apple made that announcement that they have improved their latest version of its mobile software for gaming in mind. Right now, iOS 13 users can now be able to pair and connect an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 controller on iPadOS to play their favorite games. So as a gamer, you surely know that there’s more fun in gaming with Xbox One or PlayStation controller.
On the part of Microsoft controller, you will need to get the latest version that ships with the Xbox One S and carries a model number of 1708. You can check the model number under the batteries. If you have PlayStation controller, then you’ll need to pair with the DualShock 4 controller. You can connect both controllers to your computer via Bluetooth which is the basic set-up. Below we will be showing you how to pair an Xbox One Controller.
- How to Use Find My Friends in
- How To Update iPhone iOS & iPadOS using Finder & macOS Catalina iOS 13 Both iPhone & iPad
- How To Fix App Store Not Working In MacOS Catalina
- Homepod radio stations: Best 20+ Station To Play
- Battery Drains On iOS 13: 10 Tips To Improve Your iPhone Battery Life
- Cute Girls Wallpaper For iPhone
- 1 How to pair an Xbox One Controller With iPadOS
- 2 How to pair a DualShock 4 Controller On iPad
- 3 How to unpair your controller from iPadOS
- 4 Supported Games That Work With Xbox One or PS4 controller
- 5 Minecraft PE Edition
- 6 Real Racing 3
- 7 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- 8 Dead Trigger 2
- 9 How To Fix Gaming controller does not connect to iPad
How to pair an Xbox One Controller With iPadOS
To pair an Xbox One controller, make sure you have the correct version of the controller.
The process of pairing your Xbox One S Controller is simple. Just follow the steps below.
- Step 1: On your iPad, open settings
- Step 2: Tap on Bluetooth
- Step 3: On the controller, Power it on by pressing the middle button
- Step 4: Put the controller in a pairing mode (Hold down the Connect Button at the top for 3 seconds)
- Step 5: Now you will see Xbox Wireless Controller appear under “Other Devices” on the iPad
- Step 6: Just tap on Xbox Wireless Controller to pair
Although this may take some time with many attempts to work. However, when it starts working, the controller will appear on the Bluetooth menu under my “My Devices” You can also check the remaining battery life of the controller from the battery widget which is another good update.
How to pair a DualShock 4 Controller On iPad
Follow the steps below to pair PS4 DualShock controller on your iPad.
- Step 1: On your iPad, open settings
- Step 2: Tap on Bluetooth
- Step 3: Press the PlayStation and Share Button several times from the Controller until the light starts flashing
- Step 4: DualShock 4 Controller will appear under “Other Devices” on the iPad
- Step 5: Now Tap on DualShock 4 Controller to pair with the iPad
After the DualShock 4 controller has been paired, you will be able to play any compatible games.
How to unpair your controller from iPadOS
You can also unpair your controller anytime you want. To do this is simple and straight forward as well. The process is pretty much simple than pairing.
- Step 1: On your iPad, Open Setting
- Step 2: Tap on settings
- Step 3: Look for Xbox Wireless Controller or DualShock 4 Controller in the list of “My Devices”
- Step 4: Tap on the “i” next to the controller
- Step 5: Choose to forget this device” from the menu
- Step 6: Lastly confirm the unpairing by pressing Ok
Alternative, if you don’t want to go into the stress of the above steps, you can simply unpair any Xbox Wireless Controller by removing the battery. This will disconnect it from your iPad, letting you use it on your computer or Xbox. Sadly, the PS4 controller does not have any removable batteries, so you still have to follow the above method to unpair it.
Supported Games That Work With Xbox One or PS4 controller
It’s true that not all games support the Xbox One or PS4 controller. So in order to play any games on your Xbox One, the game must have MFi support. This is a licensing standard created by Apple which allows many games to work with third-party gamepads and controllers. Although there are many games on the app store, not all support MFi controllers out of the Xbox. So below, we will be looking at the best games that support or work with the Xbox One or PS4 controller.
Minecraft PE Edition
This game is not free. To enjoy the game, you will have to sacrifice $6.99 which is not that much. Minecraft is one of the best games and the most popular one as well. It’s available for Android users. You will have to create your own World block-by-block and at the same time fighting various enemies.
Real Racing 3
Real Racing 3 is a free game and anyone can play it. It’s all about racing with more than 200 different cars to choose from and it also has 40 different track as well. You can choose the best car in the real world such as Ferrari, Bugatti, Porsche, and more.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This is another most popular games that are available for both iOS and Android operating system. The game cost $6.99 pk App store. GTA is not a game that needs any explanation. Just get the full version, pair your controller with your iPad iOS 13 and enjoy.
Dead Trigger 2
This game is free and it’s all about shooting zombies. You will have to battle against the zombie apocalypse with the help of weapons that will be provided for you. There are over 50 different weapons to use with more than 600 different scenarios.
How To Fix Gaming controller does not connect to iPad
Many people have been complaining of some minor issue when connecting the iPad to the controller. This should not be a surprise since the iOS 13 is still new and fresh and we are only seeing the beta 2. So definitely there must be some issues connecting the DualShock 4 controller to iPhone or iPad.
Sometime, there will be some bug on the software that will keep preventing the Bluetooth from working with the paired controller. To fix this, you should try to connect with another Bluetooth device, and once it connects, try connecting it with the controller again.
Below are other suggestions on how to fix it.
1. If the problem is coming from the Connectivity, you should try and reset your Network settings by tapping on Settings >General > Reset Network Settings
2. Make sure the battery level on your gaming controller is okay. The weak battery could possibly be the cause.
3. If you are unable to see the controller on the list of connected devices, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Tap on ‘i’ button next to the controller and select “forget this device“. Now restart your iPad and check if it works.
We hope you find this article helpful and able to connect your iPad with Xbox one controller and enjoy. Don’t forget to share this post and use the comment box if you have any questions.