Do you intend to purchase a Vizio TV? Or have you recently purchased a Vizio TV? If yes, being aware of potential problems with your new Vizio might be useful for you.
Let’s look at some of the most common problems Vizio TV owners face and how to fix them, as they are rather simple to fix.
There is no sound on your Vizio TV
Vizio TV no sound problem is a common one. If it happens, you can do the following –
- Go to the ‘Menu’ option from your Vizio remote control.
- Select ‘Audio’ or ‘Audio Settings by hovering over the arrows and pressing ‘OK.’
- Go to ‘TV Speakers Settings’ and see if the option is switched on. If it is not on, you must toggle it on.
If there is still no sound on your Vizio TV, your last resort remains the factory reset option.
- Go to Reset & Admin under the System Menu, then select Reset TV.
- You will be prompted for the parental code. 0000 is the default code.
- Click OK after selecting Reset.
- To set up your profile, restart your TV when it has finished turning off.
You can experience a flickering screen on your Vizio TV. This is most likely the consequence of a cable that was improperly plugged in, which caused a poor TV signal.
- Check all the wires and cables going to your Vizio TV to fix this problem.
- Inspect the socket for any loose cables that are not fitted properly.
- Unplug such loose cables and plug them back in properly to see if the issue still persists.
- If the issue persists, new cables could be required.
- You should also check the Advanced Video Settings of your Vizio TV. The TV may be blinking because of some active effects. Think about turning off each effect and then see if the blinking stops.
TVs are susceptible to unsteady behavior like your computer or smartphone if you use up too much of their storage.
- This overused storage might be the reason why the screen is blinking. Therefore think about cleaning the memory.
- The TV should be unplugged and turned off to do this.
- Next, turn on the TV by pressing the power on button for at least 30 seconds. Next, see if the screen is still blinking.
- You should note that this troubleshooting is also applicable to Vizio TV blue displays.
Your Vizio TV Remote is not working
A Vizio TV remote is occasionally viewed as a point of criticism or weakness for the Vizio TVs. Many users have complained about the remotes suddenly stopping operating, but there are multiple causes for this.
- Since not all batteries are made equal, you should examine your remote’s batteries first. Therefore, if you are using less expensive cheap, quality batteries, it is more likely to suck up power more quickly. You should consider replacing the batteries to check whether it fixes the issue.
- If it still does not function, there are chances that some internal component damage has occurred as a consequence of dampness or shock.
Fortunately, Vizio offers replacement remote controls for a reasonable price, so just request one.
- Meanwhile, you can get the Vizio Remote Control software, which enables you to operate the SmartCast system using your smartphone as a remote control.
- There are iOS and Android versions of the Vizio Remote App. All you need to do is make sure your device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Vizio TV.
Your Vizio TV won’t connect to your Wi-Fi
Another frequent problem with Vizio TVs and other smart TVs is Wi-Fi connectivity, which is annoying because you require the internet to access streaming services on the SmartCast system. But before you lose your cool, examine some of the numerous troubleshooting strategies available.
The first step is to determine whether the issue is with your Wi-Fi network or Vizio TV.
- To check this, ensure that your other devices are able to access the internet via your Wi-Fi router. Try using a streaming service on a different device, such as YouTube, Prime Video, etc., and see if the videos load and stream correctly.
- Your Wi-Fi service is probably causing the issue if it won’t stream.
- However, there is a good chance you need to troubleshoot your Vizio TV if your other devices successfully connect and stream videos without any issues.
Additionally, make sure the Wi-Fi network is not overloaded.
- To accomplish this, consider unplugging a device from the Wi-Fi network and then reconnecting your TV.
- If you can successfully connect your Vizio TV, the network is crowded. In order to maintain a steady connection, try eliminating more gadgets from your Wi-Fi connection.
- Try switching the Vizio TV to the 5 GHz bandwidth if your network has two bands.
- You should also check the distance between your TV and your Wi-Fi router. See if you can move your TV closer to the router.
There would be alternative solutions, though, if you were able to connect your Vizio TV before from its current location.
- Go to the network setting to check the Wi-Fi network on your Vizio TV.
- Go to ‘Menu,’ then choose ‘Network’ to forget your Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the wireless option and search for your Wi-Fi connection that is causing trouble.
- Select ‘Forget’ after finding the Wi-Fi network that will not join. Confirm what you have done, then reconnect again.
- If the Wi-Fi connectivity issue persists, consider restarting the Wi-Fi router by disconnecting it from the power supply for a minute, then plugging it back in.
- If the Wi-Fi router is working fine on other devices, try rebooting your Vizio TV.
Vizio TV is switched on, but there is no picture
The most frequent issue with Vizio TVs is a blank screen, although this problem is not unique to just Vizio TVs. Almost all other TVs can face this issue.
To give you a sense of what this issue is actually like, your Vizio TV will be on, but the entire screen will be dark. There is no picture on the screen. Nothing happens even when you press the remote.
Fortunately, it is not too difficult to fix this issue. At first, you can try rebooting or restarting your Vizio TV. To do this:
- All you have to do is unplug the power wire from the TV and turn it off.
- After a brief interval, plug the TV wire back in and turn it on.
This remedy frequently resolves the issue.
After this troubleshooting, there is still a potential that your TV may remain black.
- If that remains the case, the issue is probably with the TV’s internal power source.
- A faulty backlight converter or other display-related components might also be the cause.
- If the screen stays blank, you should consider taking your TV to an authorized repair facility.
- Going to a Vizio-certified center ensures that the problem is correctly diagnosed and that only Vizio-recommended replacement parts are used.
- Also, make sure to check your warranty status to avoid extra costs.
With Vizio TVs, you won’t be disappointed.
Since most typical problems with Vizio TVs are problems with smart TVs in general, they are comparatively dependable. Additionally, the majority of these issues are self-solvable. So, Vizio TV is a smart choice.